Hauppauge WinTV 8.5 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows 10 PCs but also without a hitch on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Compatibility with this software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. The HVR-850 is an analog cable / ATSC tuner. It cannot tune Clear-QAM (unencrypted digital cable.) Sorry. The HVR-950Q can tune Clear-QAM, though. Note, though, that this tuner cannot be switched on-the-fly between modes - you must choose which you want (analog cable, or clear-QAM) during TV Setup.
WinTV v7 application and driver download package
WinTV v7 installation package, version 3.9g
For Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP
File name: wintv7_cd_3.9g.exe
File size: 151.4 MB
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV v7 application and utilities.
Wintv 850 Windows 10
A valid WinTV application CD-ROM will be needed to install this WinTV v7 version. Any WinTV v6 or WinTV 7 application CD can be used during the install.
If you have a WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, then the latest version of WinTV Extend will also be installed.
To install the WinTV v7 application update
- Download the WinTV v7 installation package to your PC. After downloading this file, the file is normally saved in the Download directory on your PC
- Run wintv7_cd.exe from the Download directory on your PC
- Click Step 1. Install Drivers. This will install the WinTV Windows driver. At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated sucessfully.
- Click Step 2. Install WinTV. This will install the WinTV v7 application, 'middleware', TV services and other necessary files.
Wintv Hvr 850 Software
Free Wintv-hvr 850 Software Download
This will complete the driver and application installation for your WinTV.
Release notes for WinTV v7:
- Adds support for HD PVR 2 models 1573xx
- Fixes an issue installing IR on drives with 2TB+
- Fixes an issue which could cause scheduled recordings not to start after a reboot if the database had got too large
- Updated translations
- Adds support for HVR-1955/HVR-1975
Wintv Hvr 850 Drivers
File name: HVR-9x0_5_10_325_28153_SIGNED.zip
Size: 1.37 MB
To install the latest Windows driver only:
Leave your WinTV-HVR-900 plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the WinTV-HVR-900 driver update.
- Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder. To install, open the folder.
- Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE.
- This will install the WinTV-HVR base driver. At the completion of the driver install you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
WinTV Digital Signal Strength Indicator
The WinTV Digital Signal Strength indicator displays information about the quality of the digital TV channel you are watching. This application is used with the WinTV v6 and WinTV v7 applications.
Click here for instructions on using this application.
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.