Windows XP ISO file downloading is not a cumbersome task anymore and we don’t need to pay anything to experience this dominant operating system during its heyday.
However, every great thing has its time, so does Windows XP. Now, Microsoft does not support this OS anymore, however, it is available to download and use for free to those wasn’t during its epoch or just have some old 32-bit system with low hardware resources. Although lightweight Linuxis there, Windows has its own benefits.
Developers can download - free of charge - VMs running: XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, or Windows 10. The images are aimed primarily towards developers that need to test software with IE. I offer the Windows XP in two VHD flavors; a Hyper-V image for those who want something small or a testing system, and a universally compatible VMware image of XP x64 for advanced users who need more, or have advanced or powerful systems. Windows XP OVA virtual image file to be used on Virtual Box, VmWare. This image was created for students that are learning pentesting in order to follow many penetratin testing books like 'Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking'. Today is very hard to find Windows XP images or even ISO's so I had created this to help you out.
Steps to download Windows XP sp3 32-bit iso Bootable
Microsoft calls this virtualized instance of Windows XP “Windows XP Mode,” and distributes it in the Windows Virtual PC format. If you prefer to use VMware Workstation or VMware Player instead of Virtual PC, follow instructions below. First, download Windows XP Mode from Microsoft. Download Windows 10 and all the tools you need to build for Universal Windows apps for tablet, phone, PC, Windows IoT, or Xbox on the Universal Windows Platform or Windows applications for the desktop. VMWare Hyper-V VirtualBox Parallels. This evaluation virtual machine includes: Windows 10, version 2004 (10.0.19041.0).
The ISO image of Windows XP is available as an archive including Serial Key. The size of XP Service Pack 3 is 589MB. Thus, you can install and use it easily on Virtual Machines too.
Step 1: Go to Archive.Org website
Archive.org is a Non-profit Internet Archive organization which provides a digital library of internet websites. They have around 200,000 software programs that are not active but can be downloaded from here. Simply visit this site and search for Windows XP or alternatively use the link given in the next step.
Download Windows Xp Vmware File
Step 2: Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 ISO download
Now on the page, you will see the original Windows XP ISO image submitted by Microsoft. To get the ISO file just click on the ISO image given on the right side under Download option. Here is the link.
Windows Xp Vmware Image Download Freeware
Step 3: Copy XP Serial Key
On the same page you will also see the official serial key of Windows XP, just copy and paste it on notepad for future use.
Step 4: Install Windows XP on Virtual Box
- If you want to use Window XP ISO on Virtual Box. Simply run it and click on the New button.
- In the Name box, type Windows XP and click on the Next button.
- Set the RAM for the XP, 500MB or 1GB would be enough.
- Create a Virtual Hard disk, select VDI and then Dynamic Allocated. After that set the size around 10 GB.
- Select the created Windows XP virtual machine and click on the Setting icon given in Virtual Box menu.
- Click on Storage option from the right side and then select EmptyCD drive after that again click on the CD icon given on the extreme right side and choose Virtual Optical Disk file option. The explorer will open, select the downloaded Windows XP ISO image and then click on the OK button.
- While installing, it will ask to Enter Serial Key, use the one which we have copied from Archive.org.
- Click on the Start button to boot Windows XP on VirtualBox.