Command prompt opens with pop-up at startup - posted in Windows 10 Support: My son did something to the PC a month or so ago (he cant remember what ) and now every time I start my PC (Windows 10. Caution: We do not recommend downloading UCAddin.dll from 'DLL download' sites. These sites distribute DLL files that are unapproved by the official UCAddin.dll file developer, and can often be bundled with virus-infected or other malicious files. If you require a copy of UCAddin.dll, it is recommended that you obtain it directly from Microsoft.-->
Consider the following scenario:
- You're on a computer that has Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 and Microsoft Skype for Business installed.
- The Skype for Business client has the March 8, 2016 update applied.
- You have the Use Auto-Complete list to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc and Bcc lines option enabled in Outlook.
- You create an online meeting, and then you select the meeting recipients from cache instead of the global address list (GAL).
- You select the send option to send a meeting invitation.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
The request failed. Please try again. Make sure that you are signed in to Skype for Business.
This problem occurs because of a known issue in the KB 3114831 version of UCAddin.dll (a Skype for Business plug-in for Outlook).
To fix this problem, install the June 7, 2016 update (KB3115033) for Microsoft Lync 2013 (Skype for Business).
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To work around this problem, clear the Auto-Complete cache. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Change the manner in which the Skype for Business Add-in for Outlook (UCAddin.dll) resolves recipients for meetings. To do this, create the following registry key:
Subkey location: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0LyncAddinPreference
DWord name: RecipientResolutionMode
Value data (decimal): 2
Ucaddin Dll 2016 Free
Follow these steps:
- Open Outlook Options.
- On the Mail tab, locate the Send messages section.
- Clear the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, CC, and Bcc lines check box. The, click the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
Ucaddin.dll Disabled Outlook 2016
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.