Beat Street (1984) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. In 1981, he became part of the Rock Steady Crew, joining such acclaimed breakdancers as Ken Swift and Lil Crazy Legs. Frost toured the world with the Rock Steady Crew and other hip-hop artists. She featured in films like Beat Street and RSC videos and sang on the crews album. Honey Rockwell has taken over her role in RSC today. When she was 14 years old, she hung out in the park at 98th & Amsterdam Avenue. Her brother was a member of the early Young City Boys, and she learned from them by watching and hanging out with them.
Rock Steady Crew is an American breaking and hip hop group which has become a franchise name for multiple groups in other locations. The group's 1983 international hit song '(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew' (from the group's first studio album Ready For Battle) peaked at No. 6 in the UK Singles Chart, and reached the Top 10 in many European countries. Members of Rock Steady Crew featured in the films Flashdance and Beat Street, which ignited international interest in the b-boy subculture.
The group was initially formed in The Bronx, New York City in 1977 by b-boys Jimmy Dee and Jimmy Lee. The Manhattan branch was created by Crazy Legs and B-Boy Fresh. The New York Times called the Rock Steady Crew 'the foremost breakdancing group in the world today.'[failed verification]
- Daisy Castro (aka Baby Love (B-girl) - Lead Vocals '(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew'
- 1984 - Ready For Battle
- 2007 - 30 Years to the Day
- 1983 - '(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew'
- 1983 - 'Ready For Battle'
- 1984 - 'Up Rock'
- 1984 - 'She's Fresh'
- 2000 - 'Used To Wish I Could Break With Rock Steady'
Appearances in feature films
- Wild Style (1982)
- Style Wars (1983)
- Flashdance (1983)
- Beat Street (1984)
- Moonwalker (1988)
- Streets Is Watching (1998)
- ^'The Official Charts Company - Rocksteady Crew - (Hey You) The Rocksteady Crew'. Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- ^George, Cassidy (26 November 2018). 'Exploring the birth of the b-boy in 70s New York'. i-D. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- ^Rock, Doc. 'The Dead Rock Stars Club'. Thedeadrockstarsclub.com. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
Rock Steady Crew All Members
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy (DVD), Image Entertainment, 2002.
- Hip-Hop (Korean Comic) (Manhwa), IQ Jump Comics, 1998-2004.