- Nextar Gps Sd Card
- How to hack the Nextar W3G Auto GPS system in order to install another navigation program on it such as TomTom. The one you see in this video has been loaded.
- View and Download Nextar Q4 owner's manual online. Nextar Q4: Hardware Guide. Q4 gps pdf manual download. Also for: Q4-md, 4.3 q4.
|Home | NexStar User's Guide | NexStar Observer List | Downloads | PC/Mac/Tablet/Smartphone Control|
Odds and Ends | Firmware Versions | Equip Reviews | Alignment Guides | Manuals | Links
Odds and Ends
NexStar GPS Series
Having problems finding what you are looking for? - Use the Search box above.
|Most Commonly Accessed Articles|
- Upgrading the Electronics of NexStar 8/9.25/11 GPS Telescopes - 21 Feb 20
- GPS-Enabled Scopes Display a Date 20 or 17.5 Years in the Past or Display a Date with a year of '5' after GPS Link - 26 Apr 19
- Hand Control Compatibility - 25 Feb 12
- NexStar+ Hand Control - 19 Feb 12
- Hand Control Version 4 for NexStar GPS, CPC, SLT, GT and 'i' Series - 26 Feb 05
- Accessories for Your Scope - 15 Jan 19
- How to Upgrade Hand Control Firmware - 14 Jan 06
- How to Upgrade Motor Control Firmware - 2 Feb 08
- Celestron's Online Spare Parts Store - 4 Sep 10
- Backlash and How to Set Anti-backlash Compensation - 7 Apr 03
- Power Sources for Your Celestron Scope - 10 Jul 18
- No Response Errors - 11 Aug 18
- NexStar GPS Azimuth Motion Rough - Cleaning the Roller Bearings - 26 Jun 20
- Comparison of NexStar GPS and Meade LX200GPS Scopes - 9 Apr 03
- Questions about RS-232 Control and Upgrades via PC - 5 Jun 02
- Common Problems with PC to Scope Communications - 13 Jun 03
- Mounting Other OTAs on NexStar Mounts - 29 Jul 20
- StarGPS-NX GPS Receiver for Celestron Scopes - 18 Mar 19
- Internal Communications of Celestron Computerized Telescope Mounts - 1 Mar 19
- Boot Loader Invalid Pkg Errors on NexStar+ Hand Control - 24 Jan 17
- NexStar GPS Altitude Axis Repair- an article by Tom Hayko - 25 Mar 11
- SkyScout Connect - Interfacing Your Scope with Celestron's SkyScout - 30 Nov 08
- Cancel a GoTo in Progress - 18 Jun 07
- Skyan - Basic Wireless Control of Your Telescope and Motorized Focuser - 7 Jul 06
- NexStar Hand Control Version 4 User's Guide - Updated Regularly
- New Upgradeable Hand Control Available from Celestron - 14 Jan 06
- Celestron Utility for Improved PEC Recordings - PECTool - 25 May 05
- SCT Corrector Plate Removal - 15 Apr 05
- Fastar Secondary Turns When Tightening the Retaining Ring - 15 Apr 05
- Replacing the Battery on the GPS Board - 21 Feb 05
- Disassembly of the NexStar GPS Azimuth Axis - an article by Lenny Shaffer - 9 Sep 06
- Disassembly of the NexStar GPS Azimuth Axis - this link takes you to Matthias Bopp's web site, read Adrian Richards' article 'Replace or adjust the azimuth clutch of a NexStar GPS telescope' - 14 Dec 04
- Disassembly of the NexStar GPS Altitude Axis - this link takes you to Matthias Bopp's web site, read the article 'Replace or adjust the altitude clutch of a NexStar GPS telescope' - 11 Nov 04
- Some Settings Are Not Reset by Factory Settings Command - 24 Sep 04
- Doug Robertson's Light Pollution Blocker for NexStar GPS Scopes - 22 Sep 04
- Ports and Connectors on NexStar GPS Scopes - 27 July 04
- Cleaning Optics - Part 1 - Glass Surfaces - 22 Mar 04
- Cleaning Optics - Part 2 - Mirrors - 27 Mar 04
- Fastar No Longer Offered on NexStar 11 GPS Scopes - 28 Feb 04
- Updated N11 GPS Motor Control Board from Celestron - Updated 30 Jan 04
- Collimating Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes - 15 Jan 04
- Extending the Hand Control Cable - 23 Dec 03
- Get a Full 2' Aperture for Your NexStar 11 - 11 Dec 03
- Pin Connections in Auto Guide Port - 24 Nov 03
- Select Alignment Stars - A Program to Aid in Alignment - 8 Sep 03
- Manual Hand Control for the Auto Guide Port - 31 Jul 03
- Celestron Now Offering Starbright XLT Enhanced Coatings on SCTs - 30 Jul 03
- 'No Response 1' Error When Checking Version on N8/9.25/11GPS - 22 Mar 04
- Celestron Introduces the NexStar 9.25 GPS - 15 May 03
- Incorrect Date/Time Displayed on GPS Models During Quick Align/Auto Align - 5 Apr 03
- Creating Index Marks for Hand Control 2.2 - 24 Feb 03
- Problems Obtaining GPS Link - 24 Dec 02
- Problems Encountered after Replacement of Motor Control Board in N11 - 14 Nov 02
- Manual Addendum for Upgraded GPS Hand Control - 27 Jul 02
- Alternate Locations for the Hand Control - 25 Jul 02
- First Fastar Lens Assembly for 11' SCTs Available - HyperStar from Starizona - 13 Jul 02
- Large Replacement Bolts for Your NexStar GPS Tripod - 8 Jul 02
- Jim Towers' Excellent Battery Tutorial and Guide - 7 Jun 02
- Correct Installation of the Finderscope - 26 May 02
- How to Fix Incorrect Local Time on GPS Hand Control - 22 May 02
- Possible Fixes for Hand Control Misbehavior - 11 May 02
- Polar Alignment Video for Wedge Mounted Scopes - 5 May 02
- Warning about Power Limit on the GPS 12V Output Jack - 30 Apr 02
- Determining the Version on Older NexStar GPS Scopes - 9 Apr 02
- Make an Accessory Tray for the Heavy Duty Tripod - 23 Feb 02
- Ease Collimation of the SCT NexStars with Bob's Knobs - 11 Jan 02
- Prevent your NexStar GPS from Looping Over 360° during Alignment - 11 Jan 02
- Error in Messier Object in GPS Version 1.2 Hand Control Database - 15 Dec 01
- Warming the Hand Control to Prevent Sluggish LCD - 17 Dec 01
- Correcting for Magnetic Declination Error on the GPS Models - 13 Dec 01
- NexStar Alignment Stars - 2 Dec 07
- Accurate Centering of Alignment Stars - 22 Aug 01
- Tripod Improvements - 14 Aug 01
- Replacing the Power Connector on Your Power Source - 20 Dec 00
Other sources for NexStar information are
the Cloudy Nights Celestron Forum:
the Yahoo NexStar Group:
and the Yahoo NexStarGPS Group:
This is the official update site for a growing number of navigation devices from the following manufacturers.
Brand and Model:Celestron Nexstar 11 GPSPrice ($USD):$2999.95Type:Schmidt-CassegrainAttributes: Go-To PECAperture:279mm (11')f Ratio:f/10Focal Length:2800mmFinder:9x50Electric Power:AC AdapterMount:forkTripod:Adjustable Heavy DutyWeight (lbs):65+26 lbsDimensions (w/h/d):Description:
Nextar Gps Sd CardThe NexStar 11 GPS is the culmination of years of engineering research and development delivering the ultimate instrument in Go-To technology and astro imaging. This large aperture telescope with carbon fiber tube is the first instrument of it’s kind to boast an integrated Global Positioning System and electronic compass, combined with the NexStar system, which makes this the most advanced telescope on the market.
It’s so advanced that as you turn it on, the integrated GPS and compass system automatically pinpoints your exact location and points to your first alignment star. No need to enter the date, time, longitude and latitude or even know the position of north.
Also new is our advanced Tour Function 'search engine' that allows you to create your own customized Tours. This tour feature will search the database for any object above the horizon based on the users search criteria and generate a custom list of fascinating objects to view.
The NexStar 11 GPS is the most advanced, easiest to use telescope we've ever designed. It's the ultimate large aperture, portable telescope.
NexStar 11 Specifications:
279mm (11') Diameter Schmidt-Cassegrain
Focal Length of 2800mm
Focal Ratio of f/10
50,000+ object database
Flash Memory - allows software upgrades via the Internet
Storage for numerous user-defined objects
Database search engine to create custom Tours
Computerized hand control with backlit, dual line liquid crystal display (LCD).
Permanent Periodic Error Correction - Permanently saves and plays back corrections to reduce periodic error to a minimum.
Designated Autoguider port
RS232 compatible PC port
Auxiliary ports for add-on NexStar accessories
Dual aluminum fork arms with carrying handles and hand control receptacle.
5.625' precision worm gear on both axes
9.5' friction roller bearing
16 bit, 20 arc second resolution
Fastar compatible optical tube for F/2 CCD imaging
Adjustable height tripod
Telescope weight: 65 lbs.
Tripod weight: 26 lbs.
Made in the U.S.A.
NexStar 11 Includes:
Premium 40mm (70x) 1¼' Plössl Eyepiece
Star Diagonal - 1¼'
Visual Back - 1¼'
Adjustable Height Heavy Duty Tripod
Computer Hand Control for Go-To Tracking with over 50,000 Object Database
RS-232 Port to communicate with a PC
Nine Available Slew Speeds
Celestron's NexStar 11 GPS Page
Cloudy Night's Review
The unofficial Nexstar 11 GPS Page