|Greatest Hits: Back to the Start|
|Greatest hits album by|
|Released||June 28, 2005|
Greatest Hits: Back to the Start is the second greatest hits album by Megadeth. It was released on June 28, 2005, via Capitol Records. The title 'Back to the Start' is a reference to lyrics in 'Rust in Peace... Polaris' from Megadeth's 1990 album Rust in Peace: 'The day of final conflict/All pay the price/The third World War rapes peace/Takes life back to the start.' The cover art is an edited version of the Castle Romeo H-bomb test.
Rust in Peace - The inside story of the Megadeth masterpiece Released in 1990, at an incredible time of flux and creativity in the rock world, Rust in Peace still stands as one the greatest metal albums ever made. Order new album 'Dystopia' now Get exclusive album bundles here: CD - http://smart. Rock Download Amazing Megadeth - Discografia album You almost certainly already know that Megadeth - Discografia has become the most popular issues on the web at this time. Depending on the data we got from google adwords, Megadeth - Discografia has a lot of search online search engine. Megadeth's 'Head Crusher' was nominated for a 2010 Grammy. Megadeth also announced a Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour, which began on March 1 as a month-long North American tour with support from Testament and Exodus. During the tour, Megadeth played Rust In Peace in its entirety and Testament played The Legacy in its entirety.
Background and release
The selection of tracks for the album was largely determined by fans, who voted on songs in polls on the band's website. However, the inclusion of 'Kill the King,' a track originally released on Capitol Punishment: The Megadeth Years, was insisted upon by Mustaine. To help promote the release, a new video was made for 'Kill the King.'
Megadeth Rar Blogspot
Greatest Hits: Back to the Start reached No. 65 on the U.S. Billboard 200, selling 17,441 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan. By December 16, 2005, the album had sold about 133,000 copies in the U.S. The album was also certified gold in Canada (for 40,000 copies) in July 2011. On July 23, 2011 in Toronto, Canada, the band was presented with gold plaques by EMI in recognition of the achievement.
Jason Birchmeier of AllMusic critiqued the album for being more of a sampler and having a more 'balanced' approach to the band's Capitol Records material, rather than focusing on Megadeth's first few records.
|1.||'Holy Wars... The Punishment Due'||1990 - Rust in Peace||6:32|
|2.||'In My Darkest Hour'||1988 - So Far, So Good... So What!||6:26|
|3.||'Peace Sells'||1986 - Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?||4:02|
|4.||'Sweating Bullets'||1992 - Countdown to Extinction||5:26|
|5.||'Angry Again'||1993 - Last Action Hero(Soundtrack)||3:47|
|6.||'A Tout le Monde'||1994 - Youthanasia||4:25|
|7.||'Trust'||1997 - Cryptic Writings||5:12|
|8.||'Kill the King'||2000 - Capitol Punishment: The Megadeth Years||3:42|
|9.||'Symphony of Destruction'||1992 - Countdown to Extinction||4:06|
|10.||'Mechanix'||1985 - Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!||4:21|
|11.||'Train of Consequences'||1994 - Youthanasia||3:30|
|12.||'Wake Up Dead'||1986 - Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?||3:38|
|13.||'Hangar 18'||1990 - Rust in Peace||5:12|
|14.||'Dread and the Fugitive Mind'||2001 - The World Needs a Hero||4:23|
|15.||'Skin o' My Teeth'||1992 - Countdown to Extinction||3:15|
|16.||'She-Wolf'||1997 - Cryptic Writings||3:39|
|17.||'Prince of Darkness'||1999 - Risk||6:28|
Limited edition DVD
- 'Kill the King' music video
- 'Live at the Fillmore Auditorium December 27, 1999'
- 'Prince of Darkness'
- 'Holy Wars... The Punishment Due'
- 'In My Darkest Hour'
- 'Hangar 18'
- 'Sweating Bullets'
- 'Symphony of Destruction'
- 'Peace Sells'
- Arsenal of Megadeth trailer
- Dave Mustaine – lead vocals and lead and rhythm guitar on all tracks
- Marty Friedman – guitar on tracks 1, 4–7, 9, 11, 13, and 15–17
- Chris Poland – guitar on tracks 3, 10 and 12
- Al Pitrelli – guitar on tracks 8 and 14
- Jeff Young – guitar on 'In My Darkest Hour'
- David Ellefson – bass on all tracks
- Nick Menza – drums on tracks 1, 4–7, 9, 11, 13, and 15–16
- Gar Samuelson – drums on tracks 3, 10 and 12
- Jimmy Degrasso – drums on tracks 8, 14, and 17
- Chuck Behler – drums on 'In My Darkest Hour'
|Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)||21|
|US Billboard 200||65|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- ^ ab'Megadeth: New 'Kill The King' Video Posted Online - June 6, 2005'. Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- ^ abcGreatest Hits: Back to the Start liner notes. Capitol Records. 2005. pp. 6, 8–9.
- ^Begrand, Adrien (July 28, 2005). 'Megadeth: Greatest Hits: Back to the Start'. Popmatters. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- ^'Greatest Hits: Back to the Start - Megadeth | Awards'. AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- ^'Soundscan Report: CKY, Megadeth, Devildriver, Darkest Hour, Throwdown'. Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 6 July 2005. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- ^'Megadeth: Album Sales Update'. Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 16 December 2005. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- ^'Gold and Platinum search results for 'Greatest Hits: Back to the Start''. MusicCanada. MusicCanada. Archived from the original on 12 March 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- ^'Megadeth Presented With Canadian Gold Plaques For 'Back To The Start''. Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 24 July 2011. Archived from the original on 1 February 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- ^Blender ReviewArchived May 4, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ abBirchmeier, Jason Allmusic Review Retrieved September 28, 2013
- ^Greatest Hits: Back to the Start limited edition back panel. Capitol Records. 2005.
- ^'Megadeth: GREATEST HITS - BACK TO THE START' (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- ^'Megadeth Chart History (Billboard 200)'. Billboard. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- ^'Canadian album certifications – Megadeth – Greatest Hits: Back To The Start'. Music Canada.
- ^'British certifications – Megadeth'. British Phonographic Industry.Select Silver in the Certification field.Type Megadeth in the 'Search BPI Awards' field and then press Enter.