Kishore currently acts in the comedy series ‘Karyam Nissaram’ on Kairali TV and anchors the show, ‘Talk Show’ on Asianet Plus. Excerpts from an interview. Thrives on comedy. Second Best Actress - 1983 - Koodevide,Karyam Nissaram Second Best Actress - 1985 - Arappatta Kettiya Gramathil (directed by Padmarajan ) Tamil Nadu State Awards.
Indian show business is more into got glamor than arts these days. To some extent, this is true in the case of Malayalam television and film industry. Though, the responsibilities like family, motherhood etc are factors the pretty woman and their beauty has got a position in the industry and no wonder many noted female actors are replaced by the new faces. Here are some of the hot and happening 30 plus women in the Malayalam Television industry.
- Thesni Khan Debuted in 1988 movie, Daisy, Thesni was noted after she joined the Cinemala series aired by Asianet. Her character of ‘Kanyaka Menon’ became the talk of the town. Still pretty and charming Thesni Khan in 44, is an integral part in the movies these days.
- Sona Nair: One of the favorite faces amongst the Malayalam soaps lovers, Sona Nair is yet another member to this list. At the age of 39, she actively performs both in the mini screen as well as the silver screen.
- Ranjini Haridas A familiar face among the Malayali audience, Ranjini is an anchor turned actor. Her long run in the Star singer as an anchor gained her the chances for comparing various shows in and out of India. This Miss Kerala 2000 started her acting as a child artist in the 1986 movie Geetham, along with Mammootty and Mohanlal. Currently, she is hosting the music reality show called ‘Music India’ aired by Asianet.
- Neena Kurup: Another notable female figure in the Malayalam Television industry is Neena Kurup. She came to the industry after being acted in the 1986 movie Gandhinagar 2nd Street and Sreedharante Onnam Thirumurivu (1987). She later acted in various television soaps like Gopika, Valkannadi, Innale etc. She was also an inmate in the controversial reality show ‘Malayali House’. At 47, Neena Kurup is proving to be a successful artist and still got the capabilities to entertain the fans.
- Rachana Narayanakutty When compared with the other ladies in this category, Rachana is a bit late comer for the industry. yet she was able to make her presence something special.
- Nyla Usha: Nyla came into the show business after her marriage. She was into anchoring and been a jockey for a while. But, her luck changed after she appeared in Mammootty starring ‘Kunjananthante Kada’ at the age of 31. Her role in ‘Punyalan Agarbathies’.
- Reena Basheer: Reena is a proud mother who made her mark in the show business after her marriage. Married at the age of 18, she anchored a couple of cookery shows in Amrita TV and Asianet. She also acted in more than 25 movies in Malayalam. Her ability to do the role of the television anchor and character roles in a unique manner gives her a special spot in the industry.
- Niya: Niya is a familiar face to the Malayalam television soap viewers. Though she is 30, she has already proved her ability to do the roles of mothers and mother-in-laws.
- Anu Joseph: Anu Joseph is a recognizable face to everyone. The delightful tall young lady with long and thick hair is the picture that strikes a chord’s the point at which we hear this name. Anu Joseph was born in the year 1978 and she hails from Kasargod, the northern most area of Kerala. Anu is a performer and in addition a model and a dance specialist as well. Anu Joseph has shown up in numerous serials and in a few motion pictures too. She has demonstrated that both parody and serious roles can be overall taken care of by her. The satire serial ‘Karyam Nissaram’ broadcasted in Kairali WE TV and Minnukettu publicized on Surya TV has picked up her more notoriety and prominence.
|Written by||Unni Cherian|
|Directed by||Unni Cherian|
Kishore N K
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1104|
|Executive producer||Kalady Jayan|
(PMI Entertainment India Pvt Ltd)
|Running time||30 minutes (approx.)|
|Original network||Kairali TV|
|Original release||1 October 2012 –|
2 June 2017
Karyam Nissaram was a MalayalamComedy-drama serial written and directed by Unni Cherian. This serial started airing from 1 October 2012 on Kairali TV and concluded with a total of 1104 episodes. Karyam Nissaram was the longest running serial on Kairali TV.
The show tells the story of husband and wife, Mohanakrishnan (Aneesh Ravi) and Sathyabhama (Anu Joseph). Mohanakrishnan is an honest, punctual and disciplined Village Officer and Sathyabhama is a smart, bold and independent Lawyer by profession. Each day a different theme is taken up and solved. Both the husband and wife have a strong opinion on any social or familial issue. The difference of opinion between them and how they take it all in the ride forms the major theme of the serial. The serial, in a very humorous tone, takes up socially relevant issues and presents the two extreme view points. The husband, a very strong believer of the values of Gandhi and the wife, a very modern woman, their opinions on issues are never the same. The serial, in fact, shows how differences of opinion need not be a negative element in the married life and how one can find humour in all these situations.
- Aneesh Ravi as K. Mohanakrishnan, Village Officer
- Anu Joseph as Sathyabhama, advocate and Mohanakrishnan's wife
- Kishore N K as Uthaman
- Thirumala Ramachandran as Shishupalan, Peon at Village office
- Sangeetha Rajendran as Swayamprabha, Clerk at Village office
- Prajusha Gowri as Kanchana, Clerk at Village office
- Roslin as Mohanakrishnan's mother
- Amrutha Varnan as Mohanakrishnan' sister
- Anila Sreekumar as Advocate
- Sethu Lakshmi as Meenakshiyamma
- Karthika Kannan
- Balaji Sharma as Advocate
- Indulekha S
- Yamuna Mahesh
- Sumi Santhosh
Indian Tv Serial Actress
|2016||Kalasamskrithi Awards 2016||Most Popular Actor||Aneesh Ravi||Won|
|Best Actress||Anu Joseph|
|2017||Flowers TV Awards 2017||Best Actor||Aneesh Ravi||Nominated|
Karyam Nissaram Tv Serial Actress Name And Pics
- ^UR, Arya (3 June 2017). ''Karyam Nissaram' serial comes to an end'. The Times of India. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- ^'Karyam Nissaram'. nettv4u.com.