Our Floppy Drive Emulator, available in three models, is easy to install, requires no configuration, debugging, & accomplishes the goal to replace floppy disks on the shop floor, which are very difficult to obtain and unreliable. Works with any brand USB stick that is a maximum of 2GB and is FAT/FAT16 formatted.
- Floppy Drive Usb Adapter
- Usb Converter
- Floppy Usb Adapter Usb
- Floppy Disc To Usb Adapter
- Floppy To Usb Adapter
The floppy disk USB adapter emulates your existing floppy drive & acts as if it were never removed. Works with almost any existing 720k/1.44MB capacity DOS format floppy drive. 28 or 32 pin ribbon cables systems are supported & will connect to your existing power cable. Accomplish USB to Floppy functions with this hardware.
Floppy Drive Usb Adapter
- 1-16 of over 1,000 results for 'floppy to usb adapter' KOOBOOK 1Pcs 1.44MB 3.5' Floppy Drive Connector 34 PIN 34P to USB Cable Adapter PCB Board with Power Cable 3.9 out of 5 stars 9.
- UFA1M44-100 3.5' 34Pin SSD Floppy Disk Drive to USB Adapter Emulator DC 5V. MagiDeal SFRM72-FU 720KB USB Converter Floppy Drive Adapter Floppy Disk. 1.44MB USB Cable Adapter To 34Pin Floppy Drive Connector U Disk To Floppy.
3.5' USB Cable Adapter To 34Pin Floppy Drive Connector U Disk To Floppy Disk Hot. SFR1M44-U100K 3.5' 1.44Mb Floppy To USB Emulators For YAMAHA KORG. 1.44MB 3.5' floppy drive connector 34 PIN 34P to USB cable adapter PCB boar √. USB Floppy Drive,Chuanganzhuo 3.5' USB External Floppy Disk Drive Portable 1.44 MB FDD USB Drive Plug and Play for PC Windows 10/7/8, Windows XP, Vista,for Mac (White) 4.1 out of 5 stars 332 $20.99 $ 20. 99 $22.99 $22.99. The floppy disk USB adapter emulates your existing floppy drive & acts as if it were never removed. Works with almost any existing 720k/1.44MB capacity DOS format floppy drive. 28 or 32 pin ribbon cables systems are supported & will connect to your existing power cable. Accomplish USB to Floppy functions with this hardware.
If you’re tired of the floppy disk nightmare & looking to add Floppy USB Emulators to your equipment, we have the proven solution. We recommend the Portable USB or Pendant USB for file size concerns.
New models are added to our compatibility list monthly! Call (877) 611-5825 to talk one of our Engineers so we are sure this device will work with your manufacturing equipment.
Works in computers and CNC machinery such as Haas, Okuma, Anilam, Brother, Bridgeport, Charmille, Citizen, Mazak, Fadal, Fanuc, G&L, Hurco, Milltronics, Mitsubishi, Omniturn, Centroid, Robots, Prototrak, Siemens, Sodick, Flame Cutters, ABB Robots, EDMs, & Greco boxes, & more.
Haas Floppy Drive Emulator
- Only for Haas machines – easy install
- Plug and Play Haas Floppy to USB functions
- Off-the-shelf pricing
- Eliminate floppy disks
- Supports mills, lathes, and tool room CNCs
Okuma Floppy Drive Emulator
- Only for Okuma machines
- Floppy Disk Drive Core Replacement
- Easy to install and use
- Transfer IGF Files to a USB stick
- Ask about a credit for your old Floppy Drive Core!
Mazak Floppy Drive Emulator
- Emulates Mazak floppy actions
- Replaces old Floppy disks with a USB stick
- Low-cost Mazak floppy USB solution
- Easily installed hardware
- Handles Mazatrol (CMT) files
Floppy Drive Emulator (Universal)
- Eliminate Floppy Disks
- Interface to the existing ribbon cable
- Plugs into floppy power connector
- Supports 720k/1.44MB capacity IBM
- Support Wired EDM, Mills, Lathes, Robots, & other types of equipment
- Call us with you make and model of existing drive for pricing
USB Flash Drive
- 1GB – Store Programs, Photos, Docs & More
- Works with our Floppy Drive Emulator
- Works with our Pendant & Portable USB Connect
Device Side Data's FC5025 USB 5.25' floppy controller plugs into any computer's USB port and enables you to attach a 5.25' floppy drive. Even if your computer has no built-in floppy controller, the FC5025 lets you read those old disks. And it's not just for IBM PC disks – it also understands formats used by Apple, Atari, Commodore and TI, among others.
The FC5025 connects to any computer's USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port. Compatible software is required; see below for system requirements for the included software.
The FC5025 is USB powered. Power from USB runs only the FC5025 itself; you must supply power to the drive mechanism separately, such as from your computer's power supply.
The FC5025 is sold as a controller board only without a drive mechanism. It has been tested to work well with the TEAC FD-55GFR drive and should also work with most other PC-style 5.25' drives. (Note: the included software expects a 1.2M drive, even when reading 360k disks.)
- The FC5025 is read-only. It cannot write to floppies.
- The FC5025 may be unable to read disks that are damaged or copy-protected.
- The FC5025 is intended for 5.25' disks only, not 3.5' or 8' disks.
- Most PC-style drives can't read the second side of 'flippy' disks (more information on flippy disks here).
The FC5025 includes a graphical Disk Image and Browse tool for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. This program allows you to make an image copy of an inserted floppy, suitable for use under emulators or for archival use. On some but not all types of disks, the Disk Image and Browse tool can also display a file listing and copy individual files from the disk. Screenshots of the Disk Image and Browse tool are available.
Command line image and browse tools are also included for Linux and Mac OS X.
The included software runs on the following platforms:
- Linux (tested on 2.6.24 x86)
- Mac OS X (tested on PPC 10.4.11 Tiger, Intel 10.6.4 Snow Leopard, Intel 10.7.2 Lion, Intel 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and Intel 10.12.6 Sierra)
- Windows (tested on 98SE, XP SP3, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, and Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit)
Untested platforms are not guaranteed to work.
As of March 2013, the included software supports the following types of disk:
- Apple DOS 3.2 (13-sector)
- Apple DOS 3.3 (16-sector)
- Apple ProDOS
- Atari 810
- Calcomp Vistagraphics 4500
- Commodore 1541
- Kaypro 2 CP/M 2.2
- Kaypro 4 CP/M 2.2
- Motorola VersaDOS
- North Star MDS-A-D
- PMC MicroMate
- Tandy Color Computer Disk BASIC
Filesystem browse capability exists for ProDOS, MS-DOS, Kaypro, PMC MicroMate, Disk BASIC and VersaDOS disks.
Support for Kaypro, Calcomp, PMC and Tandy disks was added after the initial product introduction. Existing customers can download a driver update to read these disks.
In the future, additional platforms and disk formats may become supported through software updates or third-party software.
Disk images produced by the FC5025 are compatible with the following software:
For Apple DOS 3.3 and ProDOS disk images:
Floppy Usb Adapter Usb
- AppleWin Apple IIe emulator (free/open-source, for Windows)
- CiderPress disk image manager (free/open-source, for Windows)
- KEGS Apple IIgs emulator (free/open-source, for Linux/Mac/Windows)
- Sweet16 Apple IIgs emulator (freeware, for Mac OS X)
- Virtual ][ Apple II/II+/IIe emulator (commercial, free evaluation, for Mac OS X)
- ...and many others!
- The software included with the FC5025 also has a built-in browse mode for copying individual files from ProDOS disks.
For Commodore 1541 disk images:
- VICE Commodore 64 emulator (free/open-source, for Linux/Mac/Windows/others)
For MS-DOS disk images:
- DOSBox MS-DOS emulator (free/open-source, for Linux/Mac/Windows/others)
Use a command like 'imgmount a disk.img -t floppy' from the DOSBox prompt.
- Mac OS X Finder - double-click the .img file to access the contents
- mtools disk utilities (free/open-source, for Linux/others)
Use commands like 'mdir -i disk.img ::'.
- WinImage disk image manager (commercial, 30-day free evaluation, for Windows)
- 7-Zip file archiver (free/open-source, for Windows/others) - works only with 1.2M disks, not 360k
www.7-zip.org is the official 7-Zip site, avoid other lookalike sites
- The software included with the FC5025 also has a built-in browse mode for copying individual files from MS-DOS disks.
For TI-99/4A disk images:
Floppy Disc To Usb Adapter
- V9T9 TI-99/4A emulator (shareware, for MS-DOS)
- Win994a TI-99/4A simulator (freeware, for Windows)
Give your disk image filenames an extension of .TIDisk to use them in Win994a.
Device Side Data is not affiliated with the software vendors in this list.
|Form factor||Printed circuit board|
|Dimensions||3.9'x1.3' (approx. 99mmx33mm)|
Mounts in HDD bay
|Host interface||USB 2.0 full-speed 12Mbps, USB 1.1 compatible|
|Drive interface||34 pin|
|Drive compatibility||TEAC FD-55GFR or equivalent|
|Number of drives supported||One per FC5025|
|Power requirements||FC5025: <100mA|
Drive mechanism must be powered separately
No power sequencing requirements
|Connectors||USB type B, 34-pin dual-row header|
|Disk transfer rates||GCR: 167kbps-333kbps (Apple), 167kbps-370kbps (Commodore)|
MFM: 250kbps, 300kbps, 500kbps
|Write support||None - read-only controller|
|Command set||Vendor specific (see developer documentation)|
|Data transfer method||FC5025 locates desired sector, performs clock recovery and sends all clock and data bits to host|
Host discards clock bits and verifies checksum
|Hardware requirements||USB 1.1 or 2.0 compliant host|
5.25' floppy drive (not included - customer provided)
Floppy To Usb Adapter
Specifications are subject to change without notice.