Greetings sugar cookies, OjiPanda here.
Let’s chat about the Nude DLC.
Wowzers this took a while, hey? Today I’m here to chat about what the Nude DLC is, how it works, why it works the way it do, and what the future holds for Crush Crush, Sad Panda, and the fate of the universe. Here’s what’s going down:
Sad Panda is going to start offering paid Nude DLC expansions to our games. We’re going to be offering this DLC on our own website: HERE
I imagine you have some questions, and here’s what I imagine they sound like:
[Why are you doing this on your own website?]
For the last… bunch of months, we’ve been chatting with a few platforms on guidelines for adult content. Unfortunately, this has been a frustrating process. Some platforms don’t want to set guidelines, and others are simply against the inclusion of such content. There’s a very strong “try and see” mentality in the industry, which has unfortunately cost some developers dearly when the hammer does fall.
So we decided that, if we’re going to be able to offer our fans what they want regardless of platform, we would need a platform-agnostic solution. So we got to work on a system that, once the DLC is purchased, adds the NSFW content as an ‘Uncensored Mode’ toggle in-game.
[Why does the DLC cost money, you greedy sons of bitches?]
There are a few reasons. But I know that whenever game developers ask for money, (especially in F2P games) it can cause a lot of mixed feelings. I get it. I’m right there with you. Game devs can sometimes get shady or grabby with this kind of stuff, so I’mma try to keep it above board with you guys.
The first is - we want to have a purchase between the DLC and the user so we can have some control over who has it. In effect, we want to have an age restriction step to authenticating it. Why? It’s all about due diligence and image. We don’t want to make the DLC easily available to kids. We’re all about creating sexy adult content for adults.
Now, as the nude version of the game will remain available on Nutaku for free, this may seem a bit suspect. We are leaning on Nutaku’s own age gating for their site, which is not as difficult to overcome as providing a credit card transaction, but we’re okay with this arrangement. Again - due dilligence and image.
The next reason is - we feel that the sexy content is worth paying for. We’ve priced the DLC a bit higher than an average purchase in Crush Crush ($7), and have included a bunch of stuff to make it a worthwhile purchase ($5 of diamonds and all the “sexy” outfits for free).
One huge advantage to the Steam version is we can offer high-res sexy artwork. It’ll be the shiniest version available for sure. Future voiced audio will also have the ‘nsfw’ bonus audio included in this mode. Audio files can be pretty large for a web game so we’re only going to be adding this feature to the Steam version.
[I checked out the site. What’s the “Panda Pass” option?]
Going forward, we’re going to be launching more games in the Crush Crush universe, and offering similar adult DLC for each one.
The Panda Pass DLC is an option to unlock all the future NSFW DLC, for all Sad Panda games.
It might go up in price over time. Who knows? BEST DEAL! BUY TODAY!
[Can I trust this transaction? You’re not using some dodgy credit card software, are you?]
We’re actually using some code / backend support from none other than the Humble Bundle guys. They have a great system that anyone can jump on, so we decided to run with that.
[So what do I gotta do? And what do I get?]
The NSFW DLC adds a ‘Uncensored Mode’ toggle to Crush Crush on Steam. It adds hi-res sexy scenes and pinups, and includes free 'lingerie' and 'birthday suit' outfits and 55 diamonds.
Here’s how you get it! FAQ
[Are you guys going to keep updating Crush Crush? You’ve talked about other features in the past…]
We are. We’ve had our hands full the last half year, but we’ve got some cool stuff we still want to add. At some point, we’re going to work on a VN and spin-offs, because we’ve stretched the Crush Crush experience to its limit, but we definitely have a backlog of features we’d like to see added before we consider Crush Crush complete.
Okay, I think that covers everything. If you have questions (or if you want to bitch out OjiPanda, because he’s a filthy sellout) then please post below.
Love you guys, more soon.
- If you haven't noticed the new icon in the top right, we've added in a notifications area where you can read information about the latest news from Sad Panda Studios! This includes patch notes, announcements on new events, and is a place where we can let you know about things we are working on. It's pretty basic for now, but we're going to evolve it to include other content (such as images, etc) in the future!
- Your memory album should now persist across prestige. This means you can still check out all of the images you earned from your previous games.
- Automatic cloud save to help with recovering lost save files (due to a reformat, etc).
- Reduced the size of the installed game by about 16MB (almost 10%).
- A little sound byte plays when the game first starts, which was a request from Artist Panda.
- A checkbox now appears on completed hobbies (hobbies that have hit level 75). We also moved the play/pause/checkbox icon a little bit to show up in the middle of the progress bar.
- The progress text on hobbies now disappears when the hobby hits maximum level.
- The new website is now live, and includes integration for the Humble Widget for purchasing the NSFW DLC. We just did some test purchases, and it works well so far.
- Masked UI elements that should be off-screen at non-standard resolutions.
- Fixed sorting for some popups so that they appear over particles.
- Better error handling when loading the game (as well as pushing exceptions to us so that we can help debug the issues that some people are seeing).