- Apogee Mini Dac Firewire Connector
- Apogee Mini Dac Review
- Apogee Mini Dac Firewire Driver
- Apogee Mini Dac Used
- Apogee Mini Me
I picked up an Apogee Duet last Friday. I'm in the process of playing around with the various computer fed DAC options. I have a new Music Streamer II+, Centrance Dacport and an Apogee Duet.
Mini FireWire card – User’s Guide APOGEE ELECTRONICS Introduction The Mini FireWire card brings FireWire 400 conectivity to the Apogee MiniMe and MiniDAC digital audio interfaces. The Mini FireWire card is compatible with both Apple OS X and Windows XP computers. Page 11: New Features.
Apogee Mini Dac Firewire Connector
I really like the Centrance Dacport for headphone listening. I have tried it, as suggested by Centrance, with the volume all the way up feeding a preamp. I actually like the results.
I have the Music Streamer II+ breaking in at the moment.
- APOGEE AD8000 24 bit with Digi 8 and DAC-8 Extras. Apogee DUET Firewire Audio Interface + original Cables. Apogee Mini Me - Usb card.
- My bedside headphones amp & DAC.
- The Apogee Mini‑DAC is small, and as it is capable of running on batteries it is an excellent choice for location work. Improving playback quality is the main reason to consider buying a stand-alone D‑A converter, but many such boxes can be used for other duties too, meaning that they offer better value for money than it might at first appear.
- Apogee Mini Me - Sound Audio Card/Interface. Make offer - Apogee Duet FireWire Audio Interface for Mac. Apogee One Audio Interface and DAC for Mac.
Apogee Mini Dac Review
I was immediately impressed with the results I'm getting from the Apogee Duet. It really sounds great for both headphones and as a preamp/DAC option. You can also set it to 'fixed output' mode, which sets the volume at a fixed level of 0, for intended use of a standalone DAC. I know it is early in the break in for the Music Streamer, but so far I favor the Apogee over the Music Streamer and Centrance.
Apogee Mini Dac Firewire Driver
I believe all of the computer fed DACs reviewed in Stereophile are USB DACS. Is there an inherent advantage to the firewire interface vs. USB? I'm using a MAC Mini as a server. I understand that USB is 'universal' to both PCs and MAC, but I'm wondering whether the impressive performance of the Duet is solely related to Apogee's equipment, or partially related to the Firewire interface.
Apogee Mini Dac Used
Apogee Mini Me